Monday, February 19, 2007

Yarn Dominance


I have made it to the heel flap! Once I had knit a few rows however, I noticed that I had an issue with yarn dominance. On the first half of the heel flap, I held the brown yarn in my left hand on both the knit and the purl side. For the second half, I held the brown in my left hand only for the purl side, and swapped it to my right hand for the knit side. Can you see the difference? It's subtle, but since this didn't take too long, I think I will frog it back to the cables and re-do.

BTW - I had a problem with a cable crossing at one point, you can see pics and a tutorial of how I "fixed" it here!

2 Comments:

Blogger Bettina said...

Wow, they are gorgeous. I cannot wait until I am that far. You are doing wonderful work!

12:04 PM  
Blogger Keppy Boone said...

These are so pretty! I had to stare at the photo for a minute before I could see the yarn dominance. Interesting, I haven't done much with stranded work yet, so its was good to see what can happen with changing hands with the yarn. Thanks so much!

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home